Sunday, June 17, 2018

New Poem (New Project?)

A new poem. Maybe the start of some new series? Let's find out. 


Illustration by "Jewela"

The Ballad of Eggy Allan

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

Born in Boston
because Yankees suck.

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

He doesn't sit down all day writing.
He has bigger things to crack.

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

He has a crow on his shoulders
to go to work. What're you, afraid?

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

Tickets! Tickets!
Anybody need 'em?

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

How many you need?
Selling? Trading?

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

Got no time for games.
Go to the movie theater ya nut!

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

It's a scully cap. Not a berret.
I'm a real poet. Not one of you buffoons.

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

What's Eggy Allan's last name?
I don't get by on my name, ya animal!

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

He has to go.
I got a kid, ya maniac. Come back tomorrow.

Eggy
Eggy
Eggy

I'll kill ya if you call me Egg Man!

No comments: