Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.
Recent witch hunt news colored this poem a bit.
Thanks for reading.
Answer Calmly
a future court date. They ask you
where you were in America when
crimes in other countries were being
the last time you touch grass. Did you
ever step on earth after salt was thrown
down. Have you ever helped your
partner remove a bra in a non-sexual
fashion.Do you trail your lover after
they leave your bed. How soon did you
no contact your mother before she
passed. Whose bathroom confession
have you passed on to authority in the
last five years. Have you ever wanted
to stop shoveling your neighbor's
driveways and rune to a cafe. Do you
enjoy AI. What about eating your own
shit. Answer the second question first.
Is your love language anything besides
taking orders. Do you call ICE when
the snowflakes look different from
each other. Will you acknowledge Him
our winner and Lord Savior of Winning.
And you must know who the default
Him is and how much blood are you
willing to give more-than-half to.

No comments:
Post a Comment