Thursday, April 07, 2005

Another Update

My frustration with being unable to get online from home with my new computer this weekend (sixteen hundred dollars and three hours on the phone with Comcast later) disgusted me to the point that I shunned participating in the internet in general for most of the week.

The Poetry Month Festival was impressive this past weekend. Sorry I didn't send a link on Friday. Given the scarce readership, I think everyone coped.

Franz Wright was the final reader and the best. He simply walked up and said, "I'm just going to read three [long] poems." In doing so, he taught us all a lesson in introductions and exposition between poems. The best don't need it. Yes, this is coming from Captain Blab over here.

Thanks to Shanna for pointing out Maureen Thompson's recent NaPoWriMo challenge a while back. I belatedly accept, hoping to catch up. My two biggest obstacles are writing for class and actually wanting to come up with material to save for sending out. Anything that comes up here is either going to be taken off in a day or confined to this website. I guess I cold do what Shanna does and "expire" the poem after a bit, but it feel like I'm either cheating myself or the readers of my blog. We'll see. Hey, at least I'm writing something else other than another version of that damn sonnet.

No comments: