Friday, July 27, 2007

Mister Butch Epilogue

You'd think it was the perfect opportunity for The Dig to do a big Mr. Butch tribute and give me a good figurative kick in the ass for my post last weekend. Nnnnnooope, not really. They did one good thing, though. They printed a great Mr. Butch illustration by my bud, D.L. Polonsky, whose work mostly showe up in the Herald (though he stresses that he doesn't share their politics; in fact, he doesn't follow politics too much). I never noticed him in The Dig before, but I hope I start to see his work in there more often. If any of you saw it and liked it, his work is on sale at the Out of The Blue Art Gallery in Cambridge as well.

But for your Mr. Butch eulogy, I highly recommend Doug Holder's, recently published in Spare Change. You should grab a copy from a vendor (and not the ones who try to sell you freebies like Bay Windows or Barstool Sports), but you can read the article here as well.

No comments: