Friday, August 17, 2007

Going Mobile

Gloria Mindock, the Editor in Chief for Istanbul Literature Review, let me know about an opportunity to submit haiku for the journal's "Mobile" section. She informed me recently that all my submissions were accepted and that the ILR founder, Ektin Getir, was impressed. Thanks to both.

Yes, that's "Mobile" as in mobile phone. I find it exciting sometimes to contribue to things where my work will potentially be seen by a greater (or at least different) number of people even if I'm not able to see the work myself (I don't think my phone wil work with this).

Visit the page for instructions on how to access ILR Mobile. In case some of you can't, here's one of the four haiku that were accepted.

Haiku

The grass grows over
footsteps of angry lovers,
forgives when they can’t.

No comments: