Monday, August 27, 2007

Revisiting Old Friends and Their Sites

I linked James' site in an earlier post just a couple of days ago (on top of the usual sidebar link), but lo and behold, I get an email from James and find reason to hype him again.

After months of not posting anything on the site, he just recently uploaded an amazing amount of new work. Not only that, but he let me know that his girlfriend, Cindy Williams, just recently restarted her blog again. Both are worth checking out.

I'm hoping that this means they are ready to submit to Spoonful again (I unofficially extended the submission deadline for artists). Of course, when I was putting Issue # 0 together, I knew James' work well enough to know that there were many poems that could mesh with his art incredibly well like this pairing. So it was Cindy who really surprised me with photography that seemed like it was made to illustrate work like Sue Red's. I was blessed to have their contributions. They were a strong part of what made Spoonful's debut so strong.

Check out James' blog here and Cindy's here.

No comments: