Saturday, January 03, 2009

In Appreciation: A Selection of Poetry and More From Mike Amado

There's lots of links to my late friend's work, but for this post, I'll focus on the ones I had the pleasure in helping to produce. However, I do want to recommend that you order his new book from Ibbetson Street Press. You can click here to preview it and buy it.

First, we have the link to his first poem published in Spoonful here.

Next, as a preview of the upcoming Issue #3 of Spoonful, a link to the last poem I accepted from him here.

Onto the video clips.

From his Stone Soup feature on July 14th, 2008, he performed two poems.


First, "Why Did I Do It?"





Followed by "Melting Action Figures '88."




Those two poems can be found on his chapbook from Cervena Barva Press, Stunted Inner-Child Shot The TV. You can order it here.

And for those of you who were equal fans of Mike's spirit, you can click below for Part One and Two of "Plymouth Quest."





And finally, the viral video contender, the advertisement for the Out of The Blue Holiday Raffle.


No comments: