Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Babies, Seaweed, Zombies, Robots




It started about a year ago (I think) when Steve Subrizi wrote a poem about a baby caught in Seaweed. This led to other variations. Some by the author, many more by other poets. I even wrote a few myself. The end result is the upcoming "Seaweed Baby" anthology, currently being put together by poet, artist and blog radio host Michael Quigg. I bring special attention to this because my friend James Conant is currently creating the book's cover art. The art above is from one of James' many sketchbooks, and it's part of what I sent to Michael to show that this was a job right up James' alley. I'll post more news (and hopefully a sketch or two) as the cover comes together.

1 comment:

Valerie Loveland said...

That drawing is hilarious.