Saturday, October 03, 2009

My Reading With Friends of Poetry, October 30



Too many people give me blank stares whenever I mention The Friends of Poetry. That's too bad. They have no website, no penchant for press, but their membership boasts some of the best local poets, including Keith Nystrom, Ron Goba, Nate Connors and Prabakar T. Rajan (pictured above--that's not my camera flash near his head, that's his halo). Prabakar invited me over a year ago to read for their monthly gathering, and of course I accepted. I'll be reading on the 30th of October. This is a reading I'd like to share with as many people as possible. Trouble is, it's a private event. I've been told I bring 6 friends, and two people are tentatively filling the spot. If you think you should be invited, email me and I'll see what we can do.

No comments: