Sunday, November 08, 2009

Stone Soup Presents Mike Amado At Stone Soup, 7/14/08

What follows is the full feature from Mike Amado (1975-2009) and his Stone Soup reading on July 14th, 2008. The night's performance was recorded by Bill Perrault (reproduced here with permission), and I've put it in 3 installments for Youtube and Facebook.

The video had one snag. A pause and overlap of words during the first poem. I did my best to fix it, but it comes across as a slightly extended pause two minutes into the first poem. Otherwise, the rest of the feature comes in loud and clear with no other difficulties aside from having to see me in the background as I walk back and forth taking care of minor things as I sometimes do during the feature. I try to keep out of the camera's view, but I didn't do so well this time. Aside from these things, I hope you all can enjoy this piece of history featuring Amado, who was taken away from us far too soon.


No comments: