Thursday, May 27, 2010

From The Past



My friend and co-worker from the [Famous Local Seafood Restaurant] days, Dolores, after one of our countless night shifts together. I share this only in my blog, a private place in comparison to my endless Facebook galleries. I don't know if I even have the original picture anymore (scanning, among other things, makes me sloppy). One of my exes came across this and thought she was a girlfriend I was keeping from her.

Delores is someone I tried to get out of the waitering business, but what could I do? I crossed over from restaurants to hospitals. She did vice versa without the benefit of learning computer skills. I had nothing to offer her. She works a Legal's at the Prudential to this day, surviving even after a ton of ordeals that made much of what I went through in the early aughties pale by comparison.

If you see her, don't tell her I said hi. But DO leave a good tip. She'll appreciate that more.

No comments: