Saturday, December 18, 2010

August 5th: Jamaica Way Books & Gifts With Samantha Milowsky and Lynne Sticklor

For a brief, shining moment, I was a host for a second venue at this local book store (which, by the time you read this, may have already closed its doors). I was looking forward to a venue I could host in walking distance from my apartment. Sadly, this one is know more. I take pride in knowing I was part of the last hurrahs not just as a host but as a feature a few months before. I'm also glad I was able to not only give Lynne Sticklor another co-feature but give new friend Samantha Milowsky her first.

Here's some shots.

Hotshot poet April Penn at work. One of the few

poets that will finish this year's 365 challenge


Jack Scully, with the next book from the late Mike Amado


The audience.


The Open Mike


The Features

Esther at Jamaicaway Books & Gifts

was pivotal in letting me do this gig.


Michael Monroe consulting his 365/365 poems


Mignon Ariel King as her usual hammy self for the camera



Janet Cormier gave me my first Jamaicaway

reading when she was host


Samantha's broadsides


Samantha goes first


Local artist David Marshall


Lynne Sticklor is up and rarin' to go





Bassist Ethan Mackler


I'll miss the bookstore's cafe too.






Poet and fictionist Timothy Gager




Poet/activist Laura Kiesel





Afterwards, we were hungry for ice cream--some more than others

Not that I am looking for more work, but I would like to do a gig in Jamaica Plain again. There's been some talk about doing a reading in another location down the street from me. You'll know when I do.

No comments: