Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Highlights From Last Weekend

It was a Boston Pops Sunday for me and Special Someone, who snapped some shots for our personal prosperity.


 
To Evil.

No video segments to show you (I behaved and left my camera at home), but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the highlight of the night, which you can enjoy too.  

The Pops performed a rendition of "12 Days of Christmas," which was integrated with melodies from Broadway musicals and even popular music.  Arranged by Broadway composer David Chase, it's described as a parody, but I think that sells it short.  This arrangement revitalizes a stale holiday song that always grows old for everyone involved after you get past Day Five.  It's much, much harder to sing along with but amazing to listen to.  Best of all, you can download it here.  

I  won't give away the best riff in the song.  I'll say that it's towards the end, but if you fast forward to it, you lose the buildup and will likely be disappointed.  Listen to it from start to finish.  It'll rival "Carol of The Bells" on your Rocking Christmas playlist.




No comments: