Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Speaking of Overpriced

The good news is you can get French Connections for a song.  The bad news is that someone's selling a copy of my old Sarcastic Haiku chapbook for over twenty five dollars.  I mean, it had a nice layout by Bret Kerr, but nothing made from cheap paper I stapled together myself less than ten years ago is worth that much!  It's time for me to get a PDF copy up on my web site. 

This is the same thing that's happened to publications (also stapled) that Jack Powers put out for Stone Soup and probably gave out to shops years ago.  Now to get everything from the old days is probably going to cost me an entire week's pay in the end. 

And these are local book stores bleeding the small press reporters.  It makes me want to root for Amazon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Karen Cooper, I'm the one who wrote the comment about your poem in Beacon Street Review (that is how I landed on your site, I was looking up some of the poets in that issue including you. Because I bought a bunch of books, chapbooks, newspapers, etc. when I bought BSR, I also saw a bunch of Stone Soup Poetry/Jack Powers stuff and the person had multiple copies (thought I'd pass this along after seeing this comment that you are collecting these publications):

Mother May I (Children's Games)by M.L. Morgan published by Stone Soup Gateway Series/Jack Powers

Chalice of Eros by Lainie Senechal published by Stone Soup Poetry/Jack Powers

From the Other Side of the Page Poetry from St. Francis House published by Stone Soup Arts Trust/Jack Powers

I Wish My Room Had a Floor by Rafael Woolf (I bought one that was a real First Edition published by Stone Soup/Jack Powers not one published by V.B. Documentations which was published much later)