Monday, July 07, 2014

Scarfaced 2: Electric Boogaloo (or How I Looked on My Summer Vacation)

So many people commented one way or another on my previous blog post on my injury last month, so I figured I should follow up with good news.

I got the stitches out last Tuesday. Any longer, the nurse in the emergency department said, and I was even more likely to have a scar.  So I went to my primary care as early as I could and finally got the uncomfortable things pulled (they weren't painful, but they brushed against my eye lashes whenever I blinked to the point of driving me crazy). I took the picture below just after the last thread was pulled out.



Less than five days later, the cut seemed to heal quickly.

Though my face still looks beaten up in this pic.


 

And the picture below shows the way my eye looks as of this morning.



To me, it looks like I could end up with a permanent "bag" under my eye, which seems a little too poetically appropriate given the last few years of late nights, early mornings and multiple projects.  No telling yet whether this mark will eventually fade or not, though people who have had stitches before have told me--a first timer--that the nurse did a better job than the look of the stitches first implied.

In the mean time, I have plenty of vitamin E.


No comments: