Wednesday, July 02, 2014

See My Work in The New Mo' Joe AnthologyI

I'm very lucky and thrilled to be part of this collection published by Beatlik Press and edited by John Roche, who gave over a hundred contributors the chance to feature their own versions of a "Joe Poem."

A "Joe Poem" is a a form Roche invented for his book The Joe Poems: The Continuing Saga of Joe the Poet, which was one of the funnest books I've read in the last few years.  Ten lines, no more than a hundred words, and the legendary Joe should ideally make an appearance somewhere in there.    John put Joe in different places, eras and even different bodies for his first collection from FootHills Publishing.  I dipped into recent history and local color to contribute "Joe the Poet and Billy Barnum" as well as "Joe the Poet at Occupy Wall Street" to the anthology. 

I'm so glad to appear alongside so many talents, including friends like Susan Deer Cloud and Doug Holder.  This is going to be as enjoyable a read for me as I hope it is for you.  Please grab this book while you can via this link and try to grab a copy of the first collection as well.

No comments: