Monday, September 01, 2014

Smokey Turned Eight Last Month: A Retrospective/Celebration of YouTube Mistakes



Last month, I stopped at home to to say hi to the family and was reminded that my sister's dog, Smokey, turned eight a couple of weeks back.  This used to be a big deal for me, as I used to do a video for his birthday starting from when he was two years old.





The above video would likely have been a one off, but this was around the time I discovered Windows Movie Maker (the last sentence just made a million Mac users roll their eyes without knowing why), which resulted in the below video coming out before the simpler one above.

One could argue that I got a little bit carried away at this point.




My sister enjoyed the videos I made with her dog, so of course I did more of them, including three more birthday videos over the next three years.  Clearly I was the epitome of the statement "Too much time on their hands," because I stopped doing the videos right around the time I had more going on in my life.

I was tempted to do something recently, but if you look at Smokey in the top photo, you'll notice he's getting a bit grey in the chin.  I'm worried that lugging him around and propping him for video shoots will be a little too much for him (that said, you might still see a video I want to do with footage of Smokey at a pug meet-up last year).  So as a way of marking the passage of Smokey's eighth year, here are all the "big production" videos of Smokey's birthday all in one place.  These are the videos that attracted long-tongued pug-lovers by the singles and kept prospective girlfriends away by the dozens.









By the dozens, people.

No comments: