Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Timothy Gager and Bill Sloan: Meet Both Tonight at Porter Square Books


I am a notoriously slow reader.  I started The Thursday Appointments of Bill Sloan by Timothy Gager* on my Kindle last week and am still only 20% done.  Still, I have no problems giving this book my highest possible recommendation.  I consider the first chapter of this novel and the first sentence of the second chapter to be a perfect hook for the book and among the best writing he's ever done.

I also purchased a paper copy of Bill Sloan through his West Coast Tour fundraiser (part of the proceeds going to charity), which is one of seven ways to purchase the book.  That said, perhaps the most fulfilling way to grab a copy would be to attend Timothy Gager's book release party over at Porter Square Books tonight at 7:00 PM.  It will be exciting to hear excerpts from the book, whether or not I've already read them.  Maybe a later chapter in Bill Sloan's war for his clients against Kate Hummingbird Warrior?  You'll just have to read the book to see what I'm talking about, won't you?


*Disclaimer: Timothy and I are friends,  and we've even done readings together in two different states.  Fun road trip. 

No comments: