Friday, October 31, 2014

Trick or Treat: Smokey's Best-Dressed Moments

Smokey as Stardust, the Not-So-Magical but Very Purple Wizard.


Not too long ago, it was a huge baffling small obsession of mine to film my sister's dog, Smokey around the time of his birthday, Christmas time, and October, when Kristen had him dressed up for Halloween, occasionally interacting with trick or treaters. Mercifully, my Mom didn't discourage me and sometimes went along with it. This, along with my endless pictures, provided a lot of good times for my sister, who has been in a wheelchair for years and spends a good deal of time in bed with the internet to help pass the time.

Though I never stopped taking pictures, the video part of the tradition was put on the back burner over the last year due to a number of reasons (mostly a huge lack a time). Also, my sister today has an increasingly difficult time hearing or seeing anything as her condition has worsenet. And yet she still wants me to keep doing it.

Today, she's in the hospital for reasons that have become fairly routine. She's doing well and might finally be out today, but the Halloween plans we tentatively made have been scrapped. I have old non-Halloween footage I might be able to work into a video later this weekend that will hopefully cheer her up. Until then, I present a "Best-of" selection of Smokey videos from Halloweens past.






 


And I'm saving my favorite for last. Taken during Columbus Day weekend during an Octoberfest in the town my sister lives in. Set to Bruce Springsteen? I was getting artsy towards the end.





.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

This is amazing. Thanks Chad (and kristen and smokey and Aunt Janice) for a good laugh!!