Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Jason Wright's Been Doing This Column for A Year

When Jason Wright brought me into Oddball Magazine, the magazine had the subtitle of "Jagged Thoughts" attached to it.  Jason was already considering removing it, which relieved me, but I didn't want to do away with it entirely. 

 In the early days of Oddball Magazine as a blog, he would sign off his posts as "Just Another Jagged Thought by Jason Wright," so it was obviously of import to him.  Why not, I thought, suggest Jason do a weekly column, like a weekly "Note from The Publisher," only with poetry? 

That's when the idea of the poem-column was born in my mind.  And though James Van Looy got started first with his It's All One Thing column (it's one year anniversary was celebrated recently) Jason's Jagged Thoughts was first on the roster.

Check out his 52nd column of Jagged Thoughts here.  And be sure to congratulate him in the comments section.

No comments: