Thursday, December 18, 2014

Finalists for the First Somerville Poet Laureate

From Doug Holder:

The finalists for the Somerville Poet Laureate are:

Gloria Mindock (Founder of the Cervena Barva Press)
Nicole Terez Dutton (Cave Canem Award --Winner)
Ralph Pennel ( Fiction editor Midway Journal)

Read this article on the search from the Tufts Daily.  Big props to Doug for working to search for a worthy candidate to fill a position that many thought was rightfully his.

The interview process has already begun.  As much as I know and like everyone on the list, I am rooting for Gloria Mindock, as her Červená Barva Press has done so much great work.  Plus it would coincide perfectly with the press' upcoming ten year anniversary.  I should offer disclosure, I guess, and say that we're friends and she published one of my chapbooks, but there's no way to vote, and it's out of the people's hands now.  Good luck to everyone.

No comments: