Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 26: Here Comes Hannah Brown

I try to make it a point to take one poet in January and give them their first feature at Stone Soup. Sometimes, I can do it, sometimes I can't. This January, I can. In fact, I'm having the most highly anticipated debut I can remember in a while. Hannah Brown has been making waves on open mics and in the pages of Oddball Magazine. with her poetry (like many other newcomers to Stone Soup's open mic) accomplishing a challenging mix of both the personal and political. I anticipate her reading this Monday will be able to fill even Stone Soup's new larger home at the new Out of The Blue Art Gallery. There's room for everyone. If you haven't taken the to visit Stone Soup's new digs yet, now is the time. Check out her work in this week's Stone Soup Servings if you need further convincing.

No comments: