Monday, February 23, 2015

BILiNE Volume 2 Features Three Poets from Oddball Magazine


I am thrilled that I can start making announcements regarding Volume 2 of Best Indie Lit New England (BILiNE), which will hopefully be coming out by April.  I'mm proud to say that I played a small part in this upcoming collection.

Jason Wright and I were selected for the volume's editorial board late last year, serving alongside several other editors of both online and print journals around New England.  Not only did we lend support to some strong work that will be appearing in the book, but three poets that were first published in Oddball Magazine were selected by Jason and me and accepted by the rest of the group for inclusion in the book. 

You can click here for links to the selected poems by Toni Bee, José Gouveia and Chris Warner.  I especially want to thank the late José Gouveia's wife, Josy for permitting us to reprint what was likely the last poem to be published by her husband in a literary journal before he passed away.

Thanks again to Thomas Dodson and Victor D. Infante for the opportunity.  This was an exciting new step for both Jason and myself.   It's also encouraging me to finally Oddball involved with the Pushcart Prize people. 

No comments: