Thursday, July 30, 2015

An Amazing Gift

As the host and organizer for Stone Soup Poetry, I've been hosting events related to K. Peddlar Bridges since 2006. He has been a part of my Stone Soup summertime every year since. In 2008, he returned with a group that was then dubbed the Highway Poets to promote the Rubber Side Down anthology, which was edited by Susan Buck and our recently departed friend Joe Gouveia. On Monday, Peddlar presented me with a present before the feature started.



Peddlar said he picked up a copy in the library. The real surprise, however, was on the title page.



Susan Buck and Joe Gouveia's signatures! This was quite possibly a copy from the night they were at the Out of The Blue Gallery's old location. Maybe it was another night nearby. Still, what an amazing find. Thank you for sharing this with us, Peddlar. The book is near me now as I type this.

Let me throw in a little something extra since I'm posting this at the start of what my Facebook friends call Throwback Thursday. Below are two segments from that Rubber Side Down night seven years ago. I was just starting to record poets on the Stone Soup mic and edit videos on an obsolete version of Movie Maker when I recorded these spots. My equipment has slightly upgraded since then, but these videos of Susan and Joe remain favorites of mine.







No comments: