Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Stone Soup Croutons, 9-14-15, Naming the Nameless in the Room



Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions picked up from poems overheard from Stone Soup's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title the next morning. 

Last night was Gordon Marshall's feature. It was also the night DiDi won the Jack Powers Stone Soup Savor Poetry Prize. During the open mic, DiDi read an amazing piece documenting her journey through poetry that would have been tough to borrow from, let alone match.

So why do I mostly talk about Cthulhu?

Well, it turned out that a nephew of Jack Powers stopped in to read a poem that invoked a lot of the Lovecraft mythos. Add to the fact that I've been reading work inspired by Lovecraft as of late, and I couldn't stop myself. I really couldn't. Insert facepalm here.


Update: Naming The Nameless" was featured as part of my profile as Massachusetts Poet in the Spotlight for November 2015. Please read it here.
Toni Bee didn't read, but she wanted to send her love.


Special thanks to Adam Sorgman, Mary Ann Honaker, Deborah Priestly, Navah The Buddaphliii,, Martha Boss, DiDi Delgado, Chirs Fitzgerald, Ras Takura, Jonathan J. Joseph, Elizabeth Kanze, Erik Nelson, Gordon Marshall and Carol Weston.

No comments: