Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Stone Soup Croutons, 9-28-15, Fish on a Bicycle Pulpit



Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions picked up from poems overheard from Stone Soup's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title the next morning. 

The feature cancelled, the second feature fell through, so we had an extended open mic and workshop.  A small enough group that was almost too shy to clap in such a large space (I'll get back to that somewhere in this post), but intimate enough that the workshop worked really well. I will likely post what was written during the workshop, but I'll get to the poem, which was finally able to include everyone on the open mic. Granted, there six people on the open mic, but imaging if I skipped anyone on a week as slow as this.


Edit: "Fish on A Bicycle Pulpit" is available only from my first collection of Stone Soup Crouton poems, The Collapsed Bookshelf, available at Amazon.


 Special thanks to Julia Carlson, Joyce Jellison, Chris Fitzgerald, Jonathan J. Joseph, Martha Boss and James Van Looy.

No comments: