Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 23: Porsha Olayiwola Makes us Thankful Early at Stone Soup Poetry



Porsha Olayiwola is an early holiday gift. For me, Stone Soup Poetry and you the listening audience. She is featuring this Monday, November 23. I am thankful for this gift given to me by Stone Soup Poetry's new friendships, bringing new voices to our microphone.

If you're reading these words, it possibly means that you're one of the many people who have been brought together thanks to these new friendships. I hope you will become new friends as well. I hope we continue to produce new friendships with each other.

Maybe I'm getting sentimental, but the holiday season is almost going to be unleashed on us. And though not everyone celebrates or even gathers together for the same reasons this coming week (some maybe not at all), I hope you all have a chance to pause and reflect and have some good to be thankful for.

I hope you are in the audience this coming Monday to hear Porsha Olayiwola read this Monday. We can all celebrate a little, before everyone else says it's acceptable.

No comments: