Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Stone Soup Croutons, 2-1-16, Stamp



Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions picked up from poems overheard from Stone Soup's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title either then or later. It's likely some of the poets I thank at the end won't even be able to figure out which lines were inspired by their work. To paraphrase Lorne Michaels, the poem doesn't go up because it's good; it goes up because it's Tuesday morning. I feel it's very important to include this butchering of a Lorne Michaels quote for this week's piece. Accuse me of hook humility all y'want, I don't care.

Last night was another open mic. An very different vibe with many new people. Too many voices for me to capture, but I did my best, though as I'm typing this, I don't even remember what I wrote for the end, and I'm a little afraid to. Here goes...

Edit: This poem, "Stamp," has been published in Issue #3 of Tell Tale Inklings. Please consider purchasing it here. 


Props to Kirk for taking the scary number one spot.

Special thanks to Kirk Etherton, Lee Varon, Daniel, Michael Korax, Neal K., Trish, Andrew, Ricky Holt, Martha Boss, Gawaine Ross, Gemma Bonfiguoli, Tahana Fontalvo, Steph Caplen, John Pinkham, Surat Lozowick, Fat Shuggy, Skoot, Jason Wright (aka man the storm), Chris Fitzgerald, Erik Nelson and Suzanne Klaus.


No comments: