Wednesday, April 27, 2016

May 2: Stone Soup Turns 45!


In May of 2006, I hosted the thirty-fifth anniversary of Stone Soup Poetry. Carol Weston was the main feature then, and she has been involved in every other Stone Soup's anniversary month in one way or another. I made a vow years later that if I made it to Stone Soup's forty-fifth anniversary, I would have Carol feature then too. This Monday, May 2nd, Carol Weston is returning and featuring alongside the beloved Martha Boss. I am as excited as I am unprepared for all of this. I'm scrambling as I prepare to inform and remind everyone I can about this event. I will likely also change Stone Soup's start time to 6:30 instead of 7:00 to fit everyone who plans to come. I will also likely announce a third co-feature by Tomorrow. There's much to do, and all you have to do is show up, read if you like, and enjoy the camaraderie as Stone Soup moves celebrates its forty-fifth year (and my tenth year of hosting anniversary months for the venue).

No comments: