Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Quick Photo/Poem (a new challenge)

I'm trying something new today, combining slightly longer poems with pictures I take around the city. I got the idea when I took the picture below a few weeks back. I don't know how many of these I'll do simply because I don't take that many great pictures. Let's see what happens.



Outbound

She says That's great!
when I tell her I have no where
to go but my apartment.

As if I never used a mat
to wipe the hope that keeps
my shoes padded.

As if I don't have a wall peg
where I hang my head,
rest defeat on make shift ottomans.

Go home and die
is shortened to Go home, 
just to lull you.

A shelter is where people
went during bomb drills
to die anyway.

Home is where your heart
is put in a safe
where no one can touch it.





No comments: