Sunday, April 01, 2018

Annoying Thought of the Day

Sometimes the most contemptible being in society is a poet who tells people that they need time and work in order to create poems.

Most days, I keep my requirements for my "interest" to myself. Still, I have noticed this kind of prejudice towards poets even from prose writers.

To non-poets, it must seem that we magic our work up. Or worse, that we don't spend a lot of time or effort doing what we do.

I'm fine with that if it makes it easier for me to sneak words in my notebook throughout the day with no one the wiser.

The thought of it just irks me more as I'm about to partake in this year's National Poetry Writing Month challenge.

Last year's April challenge was rough. I'm going to need to put in more time this year in order to keep up.

Please, no one suggest that I do something better with my time.



No comments: