Friday, June 08, 2018

this Month at the Brockton Library Poetry Series

Information courtesy of Jack Scully.


Brockton Library Poetry Series
Everyone Has a Voice
Saturday, June 16
2-5 Driscoll Gallery


Featuring

Michael Mack
Meghan Geslin
With Open Mic
Featuring You

Award winning, playwright, and performer Michael Mack, best known for his autobiographical solo plays Hearing Voices, Speaking in Tongues, about his mother’s recovery from schizophrenia and Conversations with My Molester. A Journey of Faith, about the spirituality of trauma Mack has performed at the US Library of Congress, Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts, and the Columbia Festival of the Arts, Philadelphia Fringe Festival, the Austin International Poetry Festival, and Off-Off-Broadway at the Times Square Arts Center. His work has aired on NPR. Awards that he won include an Artist’s Grant for new theater works from the Massachusetts Cultural Council, First Prize in the Writers Circle National Poetry Competition, and an Eloranta Fellowship, which funded a residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre for the Arts in Ireland.

Brockton high school senior Meghan Geslin. Most people first write when told to do an assignment or forced to write an essay, I write because I can escape into the world of my words. Writing for me started at home while I read little journals written by my mom and aunt. I really fell in love with its ability to transport someone, to fill up blank time, to express oneself in a way that others understand. I see myself writing in the future for all kinds of reasons. Acting, I want to do acting and that revolves around writing, I also want to do medical and that revolves around reading, writing will always be a focal point in my life. I have participated in poetry, singing, and even economics. Writing really was the winning force. I am thankful that I found literature; with its influence, my life has never been the same.

This is a free event

No comments: