Monday, December 17, 2018

Advent Calendar, Day Seventeen

Back before the internet gave us nostalgia Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan shows, there was at least one TV show dedicated to obscure and weird movies. In the nineties, my roommate Dan was watching such a show and clips from this show came on. I immediately recognized the movie and said, "I saw that! I saw that in a move theater!"

Dan's reaction to this was of shock and anger. He must have figured I was either messing with him or really stupid to confuse this movie with another Santa flick.

"You didn't see this in a theater, Chad! Tell me you didn't fucking see this movie in a theatre!"

But I did. I really did.

Granted the title was "Santa Claus" and not "Santa Claus Versus The Devil." But  I did see it. I think my Mom dropped me and my sister off at the small movie house in Franklin for part of a weekend afternoon. There were previews of the show on TV, with no mention or showing of The Devil that I can remember.

Clearly my Mom had no idea what we were in for.





No comments: