Friday, November 15, 2019

This Saturday!!! Brockton Library Poetry: Series Everyone Has a Voice

Information courtesy of Tim Reed.

Brockton Library Poetry Series
Everyone Has a Voice
Saturday, November 16
1:00–3:00 Driscoll Art Gallery
  
Your Host: Ally Brioso
Welcomes
Louis Fox
Nylah Bedgood,
With Open Mic
Featuring You

Louis Fox attended UMass Amherst, where he studied English and Journalism. He will be forever grateful for the eclectic city that helped create the person he is today. With a penchant for the surreal, and a desire to understand and unearth meaning from the mundane. Louis has written as a hobby since he was a young man for cathartic release and as a means of warding off existential dread. Despite this, he takes life pretty care-freely most of the time, and hopes to one day take it serious…or not nearly as serious as he does; you know, depending on the day. Come listen to Louis read some of his poems, and maybe bottle some motivation with him. Even if we do this only for ourselves, it is worth every minute spent.

Nylah Bedgood, a senior at Brockton high school." I have been writing since the eighth grade, but it was always for fun, I was never serious. I posted on Wattpad, and people ate it up. When I went back to my account two years ago I deleted everything because I thought it was garbage. Once I really dug into my Creative Writing class I had to change the way I wrote. I had to excel faster because mentally I was behind on the writing spectrum. That class changed my entire future. I’m planning on being a creative writing major and my current Poetry and World Literature teacher is pushing me farther than I thought I could go. I can’t move you with a lengthy piece of music, and I can’t draw you a picture with a big meaning, but I hope to one day write a book that shakes the earth."

No comments: