Monday, January 13, 2020

Just Wanted to Say

I have my From Picture to Page poem coming up at noon. I've decided to keep it going because I have a better feeling about this project going into 2020.

I wrote this week's FPtP poem last night, just after midnight. I only waited so long to start it because I was completing the second of two poems I started on Saturday.

The two poems are completely unrelated to any of my ongoing projects or specialized submission calls. I just wanted to write them.

This is important to me. Not because the poems I focused on were any good (at least not yet), but because I've wanted to gain back that feeling of creating for pleasure, not solely out of a schedule, even if my schedule is almost entirely self-imposed.

I lost some of that joy of writing last year. When I had a break the last couple of weeks of December, I managed to get a lot of that fun time back. Even better, I think I've been on a roll even after the break ended.

I am doing my best to keep my newfound mojo lit while maintaining my usual disciplines. I have only myself to keep me honest, so we'll see what happens next.


No comments: