Thursday, November 19, 2020

RIP Aldo Tambellini

The artist Aldo Tambellini passed away one week ago. I had met him less than a handful of times, mostly between 2003 and 2005, before I started my work with Stone Soup. Whatever his history with the venue, he was in a different place by the time I came in. I don't remember ever seeing him in the audience. But there are many who had enduring friendships with him, such as C.C. Arshagra, who gave his own tribute during last night's Stone Soup open mic. 

I've taken it upon myself to eulogize those who have graced the poetry scene and would otherwise go unnoted. Not that Aldo Tambellini needs my help. The New York Times did a better job than I ever could. Still, I would love to hear from others who knew him. I would even be willing to publish eulogies from others who knew him. If anyone is interested, please let me know.


No comments: