Wednesday, March 03, 2021

On "Yeehaw" Jokes

Regarding today's American Haiku:

My first "Yeehaw" joke that was unrelated to "The Dukes of Hazard" was told back in 1993. I was Comics Editor of The Gatepost, Framingham State College's student newspaper (still it now that it's a university, last I checked). I just found out I was picked to attend a journalism conference in Texas. 

I put my caricatured face on a the state of texas (ah, the days of abused clip art) and declared "Yeeha! Ah'ma going to Texas!" in a small section of my pages.

My editor had me tone it down a it. No putting "Ah'm." That was valid.

I don't remember making a "Yeeha" joke since then. Not even when I went on a mechanical bull in a Providence night club.

I think over twenty years between each "Yeeha" joke is acceptable. 

This will be my last "Yeeha" joke unitl Texas changes it's state nickname to The Wind Power State.


No comments: