Friday, June 23, 2023

Stone Soup Croutons, 6-21-23: Unanswered Questions Between Cat Dreams


Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
 
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.

Stone Soup had it's first open mic of the summer Wednesday. The conversation before the recording coupled with Robert Fleming's antics towards the end influenced the poem's title. It also inspired the poem's carelessness. 
 
Don't have time to care today.
 
I lost much of the week to outside nonsense. I've lost most of today. Then again, with my ridiculous cold I've lost nearly the entire month. Taking my time back bit by bit starting right after this poem. If you want my best this week, Read my poem "Tourist Trap" at The New Verse News. Thanks for reading.
 

Unanswered Questions Between Cat Dreams
 
What if every lost cat
secretly doesn't want 
to be found?

How long has 
man documented
own fall?

Can you get far
mishearing people
say how bad you are?

If you remove yourself
from the hungry,
is hunger no more?

Dissenting answer man
shot, all danced
until they collapsed 

through floorboards
under collective 
uncriticized mass.

A thousand online
Pepes orgasmicly 
laugh at footage
 
along with latest
school shooting,
celebrating their
 
segregated shacks 
shitting in same water
where they wash clothes.
 
Could be raining
raspberries and they
would press attack
 
on first attempt 
to live productively,
listless like crack kids
 
between targets. Mercy
is better spent on happy
people, if you can find one.
 


Special thanks to Robert Fleming, Jan Rowe, Annette Tarpley, John Engstrom, Bil Lewis, Nancy Dodson, Jon Wesick, Ethan Mackler and James Van Looy.

No comments: