Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.
It was back to the online open mic last Wednesday. I was lucky to even get home late to host it. I spent the first four days of the week getting a huge mailing out and took Friday off to help my mother out. Family comes before crouton poems.
I was out of it on Wednesday, which is why you can see me eating tots in some video spots. But it was a very good gathering.
Recent news in Florida in the beginning of the week influenced me more than the news at the end of the week.
I have a lot of stuff to say about the past week. About the last couple of months, in fact. I want to get to it later this weekend. Glad I have this to start with. Thanks for reading.
Edit: "Dispatches from Florida" has been published in the "Fuck Florida" issue of Unlikely Stories Mark V.
Special thanks to Bil Lewis, Jackie Chou, Jan Rowe, Nancy Dodson, Robert Fleming, Black Byrd, Carol Weston, Ethan Mackler and James Van Looy.

No comments:
Post a Comment