Tuesday, June 04, 2013

My Book Patron Emeritus Is Now Available


My first full-length collection of poetry is now available from FootHills Publishing.

Patron Emeritus is  the result of over three years' work.  From writing the poems, to editing the poems with my workshop, to assembling the manuscript with Ron Goba, to working on the important final touches with publisher Michael Czarnecki and my longtime cover artist James Conant (not to mention the great quotes I got from Valerie Loveland and Susan Deer Cloud).  It's finally done and out there for you to purchase and read.

I am especially grateful to FootHills Publishing for their commitment to this book.  In the summer of 2012, Czarnecki lost both his home and his business to a fire.  Despite this devastating event, he resumed his business earlier this year, publishing five more books including mine so far.  I hope you will help me in thanking him for his devotion to poetry by purchasing the book straight from him if you can. You can do so by clicking here.

For my part, I did my best to make sure that both fans of my work and those just discovering me will get the most for their money.  Only a few of the poems are available to the public via web sites.  Others were published in hard to find print journals and anthologies.  Work that may have been published first on my blog has since been radically rewritten.  And finally, I added pieces from my past (also vastly worked over) that none of you will have ever seen before.  I promise there will be surprises galore. 

Thanks to all of you who have so far promised to purchase a copy.  If you live in the Boston area, I do have some copies of my book on me, but not as many as you might think (I have to set some comp copies aside for my cover artist and for archive purposes).  I will likely order more from my publisher as I begin to organize readings to promote the book, but for now, get 'em while you can!  Email me at chadpoetforhire@yahoo.com to let me know if you want to buy from me directly.

No comments: