Thursday, September 18, 2014

Goba On The Move



It's been over a week since he featured, and it still needs saying that Ron Goba's Stone Soup reading on September 8th made an impact with both the attendees who have been familiar with his work over the past couple of decades and those who were hearing and reading it for the first time.  I want to thank everyone who was able to make it that night.

Ron called to thank me a few days ago (and it's always wonderful but strange when a performer as talented and generous as Ron thanks me for just letting them do their thing).  He also let me know that Richard Cambridge, who was also in attendance on the eighth, is now planning to book Ron for read for his own venue (which will include music) sometime in April 2015.

I also want to have Ron return to Stone Soup sometime after that date so he can read in the Out of The Blue Art Gallery's new home.  It may be scheduled near his birthday, it might be scheduled for later.  I'll let you know both the gallery's new location and my plans for Ron as soon as I can.

Ron also said some kind words for the work published in Stone's Throw and offered to send a poem I could include in a future issue.  Of course I said yes.  You'll have to wait on that, but if you weren't in the audience for Ron but still want to read all the poems he crafted specifically for that night, shoot me an email, and I'll send a PDF file to you.


  
 

No comments: