Monday, November 03, 2014

Some Good Followup News



You might remember my announcement two weeks ago that my work had been published in The Blue Max Review as part of the Fermoy International Poetry Festival.  The festival happened during the summer, but I hadn't received word of what was published or how to receive a copy. 

Until last week.

First up was Daniel Roy Connelly, a poet who was able to attend the festival after winning a contest they sponsored.  He had work published in Blue Max Review as well.  Through the power of Facebook, he was able to tell me that the journal had accepted a political poem of mine, "A Man Explains Why He Set Off Fireworks The Night Before Easter."  I didn't remember submitting that poem for the theme of "Fathers and what must be said."  Then I realized they accepted an entry I submitted to the contest that Daniel won. 

Does that make me a semi-finalist?  I'll just say it makes me lucky.

Shortly after that revelation, Gerry O'Rourke of Rebel Poetry emailed me asking for an address he mail a copy of Blue Max Review to.

Sadly, there may not be an easy way for others to get a copy of Blue Max Review to read  "A Man Explains...", a poem I've only read once or twice.  I may have to dust it off and read it again at an open mic.


Many thanks to Daniel Roy Connelly, Gerry O'Rourke and especially, Gene Barry, who first delivered the good news.



No comments: