Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My Work in The Blue Max Review

Some good news: my first publication credit out of Ireland came in the mail Thanksgiving week.





They accepted my poem, "A Man Explains Why He Set Off Fireworks The Night Before Easter," which baffled me until I realized I made a mistake.  I didn't get published as part of the "Fathers..." anthology like I originally thought.  Instead, they accepted my submission for the Rebel Poetry Fermoy Poetry Festival contest. That makes a lot more sense, given that that poem of mine is far more political in nature and has less to do with family (more swearing also).

A family member read the poem and said, "You're better than this."  They may be right.  I wish I had been better enough to be in the Rebel Poetry "Fathers" anthology.  I'm going to try to get my hands on it, because Blue Max Review is a great and solid package and has teased me enough to want more from this publisher.  It's great to be in print, even better to be printed in high quality books.  And it's actually happened more than once this  year!




Content wise, this journal holds a lot international voice.  Some names that were until recently just a blur on Facebook.  Many I had never heard of before.  If this book ever becomes available on Amazon UK or anywhere else, I'll be sure to link it.
 

No comments: