Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stone Soup Croutons, 2-15-16, Back from the Wild



Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions picked up from poems overheard from Stone Soup's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title either then or later. It's likely some of the poets I thank at the end won't even be able to figure out which lines were inspired by their work. To paraphrase Lorne Michaels, the poem doesn't go up because it's good; it goes up because it's Tuesday morning.

Thanks to Ashley Wonder for a wonderful performance last night. It was a very full and positive open mic, which kept me busy. Toni Bee properly smacked me down last week and told me (in so many words) not to keep feeling bad and putting it out in my writing (which I most certainly did last week due to low turnout). On top of that, my girlfriend told me I should attempt more persona pieces. I think I succeeded in at least one of those goals.


Edit: "Back From The Wild" is available only from my first collection of Stone Soup Crouton poems, The Collapsed Bookshelf, available at Amazon.


Apologies to Navah The Buddaphlii for not being able to include her.


Special Thanks to Christina LeBel, Gawaine Ross, Ashley Davis, Reece Cotton, Chirs Cardone, Oompa, Noemi Paz, Tim Hall, Oskar J., Gladys, Surat Lozowick, Petrina Skyy, Erik Nelson, Jonathan J. Joseph, Dexter Roberts, Ashley Wonder, DiDi Delgado and James Van Looy.

No comments: