Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Writing Prompt for Our Fallen Musicians

You know you're speaking to an older individual when said individual mentions sadly all the influential musicians who have passed on. People like Prince, David Bowie, and...Glenn Frey?

I won't get into a whole "Eagles Suck" thing or any of the posthumous bashing. But you have to admit, it isn't likely you would think of hearing Mr. Frey in the same sentence as Prince if you're my age.

Then I thought: Think of the poems you could write with all three musicians referenced.

Then all I could think of was this haiku:



Little red corvette
drives down Suffragette City
and the heat is on


Fellow poets, you have to do better. Send me your own poems that reference Prince, Bowie and Frey. Email me at chadpoetforhire@yahoo.com or leave them in comments. Maybe I'll even put one in Oddball Magazine.
 

No comments: