Friday, March 31, 2017

NaPoWriMo Eve: What Visitors of My Blog Should Know


For anyone who has visited my blog thanks to Twitter or this wonderful site, you should know a few things.

1. This blog is an extension of my website. As such, I include a lot of news about Stone Soup Poety (which I host), contests, submission opportunities and other poetry events in and around Boston and Massachussetts in general. You will see a lot of stuff here, but the poetry will come. If you have to wait for the poem, you can check out the info.

2. My Stone Soup Croutons series appears every Tuesday. I also write an ongoing City Haiku photo/poem series, the occasional William Carlos Williams riff, and other odds and ends. THESE WILL NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE 30/30 THIS MONTH. If and when these segments appear, consider them fun bonuses.

3. I have a full-time job, volunteer work, and other responsibilities. As a result, a poem may not appear here every day, though I do my best. Regardless, I average thirty poems in thirty days and finish on time nowadays. Stick around and keep the faith.

4. Finally, I help edit Oddball Magazine. If any of you visiting here are poets who submit their work, consider submitting there sometime after this month is done.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments: