Sunday, March 21, 2021

More Thoughts on Moving From Picture to Page to Saturdays

I felt really bad this past week because on Monday when my weekly From Picture to Page poem went up, the fourth issue of Molecule came out with my work appearing in it.

It bothered me because I was afraid my photo-poem was going to divert attention. Thankfully, it didn't, but that doesn't change the fact that Mondays are a big day for a lot of poetry publications to get released. 

As a writer, it's important to promote the places where you've been published, and publishers don't need me muddling up the water with my weekly pieces.

I write original poems on Wednesdays and Fridays too. Still, at least on Wednesdays my Sarcastic Haiku are the equivalent of a funny social media post. Fridays are when I publish my Stone Soup Croutons poem,but I'm going to put a pin on that until life changes enough that I can try publish them on Thursdays. 

On Saturdays, not much usually happens. It's a much better spot to post one of my regular poems. At least I won't be impeding either my efforts as a writer or the efforts of anyone willing to publish me. 

 It's become an addiction of sorts to write as much as I do publicly. I can't see giving up any of my three weekly prompts yet. All I can do is control when I do them.  Maybe someday I'll slow down again.

That's all for now.


No comments: