Sunday, December 07, 2003

It's been a while. Even longer since Blogger has been screwed up today.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's snowing. Can we move on?

Thought I was going to blog during the holiday break, but I was too busy reeling from the deification of George Bush for visiting the troops to get out of visiting his parents (if I screwed up as bad as he did with the CIA and my dad was a former director, then I'd want to avoid any dinner conversation, too).

Sometimes, I wish I had an election to win for the first time, so I could avoid obligations, do PR things, and be celebrated for it.

I was still reeling this week until I saw this on Friday and came across this just today.

I always felt that the draconian drug laws and homeland security stuff was (misquoting George Carlin) all to make white people feel happier. I guess I'm so low on the hierarchy, it's taken me a while to feel some of the happiness as it hits someone who supported all these various acts (the radical right are so mind melded now, I don't even need to research that assumption), thinking his mansion made him immune.

Of course, my girlfriend and I heading to see Blue Man Group didn't hurt either. Yes, yes, it snowed last night. Will you quit freaking out? Aren't most of you who read this living in New England? Are any people around here avalanched in and killing each other over a single can of uncooked beans? No. Take a walk and enjoy how empowered you feel as a pedestrian over the cars as they are either burried or sludging their way to some place they won't be able to park at anyway in an effort to escape cabin fever.

And you call yourself New Englanders.

Would you be freaked out if I told you it snows like this in *gasp* Toronto?

No comments: