Friday, February 06, 2004

"Without you, even the ghosts of the past moan....No, wait, it's just those two downstairs."

Hell of a morning, which actually started when I finally went to bed at one thirty in tne morning. The couple downstairs sleep right below me. I learned this for sure just as I was lying back on my pillow, and I needn't elaborate further...though I will.

My guess is that they either determined a while ago that one o'clock is the time when everyone is asleep above them (which it most surely is on most nights), or they just don't give a damn. I was leaning toward the former explanation when I first heard it, then toward the latter when I heard them at five-thirty again, reminding me how much I hate young people sometimes.

I was reminded of those endangered pandas I've heard about in that zoo in New York. If that was them downstairs, someone would be celebrating with champagne. But it wasn't, so the whole thing was just disturbing and funny, but not both at the same time.

And though my opinion is surely biased as a heterosexual male, I am still very sure that anyone listening in would have been disturbed by the fact that they could hear they guy more than the girl.

Yes, my good man, it's good that you please the woman first, but do you have to, in an apartment, keep on with your noise-making almost a half-hour later?

This wouldn't bug me as much if I didn't just go through a break-up.

No comments: