Monday, July 05, 2004

Four Poems In The Stranger

Check out their first online issue here. It's the largest sampling of my work anyone has taken in some time. I appreciate the opportunity.

My only gripe is that it was designed to be seen with Internet Explorer 6. That means we plebs stuck with older versions are missing out. Of course, if I get my computer updated next month, I'll stop complaining and mock the rest of you.

Below is one of those four poems posted here, as I promised last week (see last Friday's job post). The rest you'll have to see via the link above. Also, there might be more poems included in the print version coming in August. If I'm lucky, that issue might also turn out to be my photog friend Cindy Williams' first print credit. Thanks again to them.


Updated: I've taken Cover Letter down, simply because it's far form my best work even by 2004 standards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey chad,
thanks for plugging the magazine on your blog. i really appreciate that.

in any case, i know, i know- i hate that i designed it for IE (and you'd think allmusic.com would learn my lesson- ha!), but given the fact that i was building the site by myself and had no idea what i was doing, it was the best i could do at the time. in the next few weeks i hope to do some major changes with the site, and have it optimized for some other browsers as well- especially since i have now switched to mozilla, myself. however- don't think you're missing out on anything special- i tried to make it as simple as possible, so maybe there are just minimal formatting issues.

In any case, I will always welcome more submissions from you and your photog friend.

Thanks,
Lisa
eggie@gu.st

Chad Parenteau said...

No problem, Lisa. If it's any consolation, as I write this, I'm looking at your site on Explorer 6 and...DAMN they look good. I have more faith in you now. I'll submit when I can, and hopefully Cindy will too.